Sign Up Day
April 5th, 2022
6:00 PM–7:30 PM
Every Tuesday & Thursday
April 7th–28th, 2022
Saturday, April 30th
8:00 AM–2:00 PM
Class Sign Up Day
Introduction, Rifles and Shotguns
Fundamentals of Shooting
Hunter Responsibility and Ethics, Conservation Officer
Resource Management, Personal Preparedness
Handgun, Muzzle Loader, Archery, REVIEW
Field Day will be held rain or shine. Dress Appropriately
8:00 AM–2:00 PM
Requirements & Expectations
- Ask Questions!
- Be safe when handling a firearm
- Know the firearm you are handling/carrying
- If you are uncomfortable about how someone is handling a firearm, we expect you to bring it to their attention immediately!!!
- Have fun
- Learn a lot
- Engage in cooperative learning-help others in the class understand the topics covered.
- Snacks may be purchased during our break during each class.
- Bring a copy of the student’s birth certificate
(this is a state requirement & it will be returned)
- Do not bring a firearm to class unless requested to do so by the instructors.
- NEVER BRING AMMUNITION TO CLASS!!
Class Cancelations & Missing Class:
- If a class needs to be rescheduled we will contact you as soon as possible
- If you are going to miss a class you must notify Al
- If you do miss more than one class, you must retake the course or find another class being offered and sit in on that class to get credit for it.
- If school is cancelled, class is cancelled
Optional Trap Shooting Seminar
We will be offering an optional trap shooting seminar Saturday, April 30 after field day.
- The instructors will update you on what to do/bring for the demo.
- A signup sheet will be passed around for you to register for the seminar.
This seminar is also open to any parents that want to learn how to trap shoot or are interested in joining Gopher State Sportsmen Club.
If you do not have a shotgun to use for this seminar, one will be provided.
Contact Jerry DenBoer at 507-895-8545 for more information on this seminar.