Skip to content
Gopher State Sportsman’s Club, Inc.
- Safety First! Practice of the NRA basic firearms safety rules is mandatory at all times.
- Always keep the firearm’s muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Never load a firearm until ready to shoot
- Never put your finger on the firearm trigger until ready to fire.
- Hearing and eye protection shall be worn when shooting is in progress by all those shooting and all others present in the immediate area.
- Immediately upon uncasing any gun on any range, the action shall be opened, safety shall be on, and any magazine removed until ready to fire.
- All firing shall be on designated, defined ranges, in a “downrange” direction, at targets properly hung on the frames or carriers provided. Shooting across driveways, parking lots and other designated ranges is strictly forbidden.
- There shall be no shooting at objects made of glass or similar materials that will leave dangerously sharp fragments on the range.
- Shooters are responsible to clean up all used targets and spent shell casings before they leave the range.
- All shooters shall make every effort to assure that their firearms, etc. are properly sighted so as to minimize damage to target carriers and frames.
- No tracer or incendiary ammunition shall be used on this range without permission of the Board of Directors.
- No explosive devices, dynamite, or other high explosives shall be detonated on the Club grounds without permission of the Board of Directors.
- No firearm shall be discharged during the hours of darkness, (sunset to sunrise), except on lighted trap ranges, without the permission of the board of directors.
- No weapon capable of full automatic fire or “bump fire” operation shall be discharged in the fully automatic mode on this range without permission of the Board of Directors.
- There shall be no building or deposit of permanent type structures, such as outbuildings or target carriers, without the permission of the Board of Directors.
- Hunting on Club land is prohibited except by permission of the Board of Directors.
- There shall be no alcoholic beverages or controlled substances consumed on the range while any Approved, Registered, or Club sanctioned tournament is in progress by those participating.
- There shall be no alcoholic beverages on the firing line at any time while shooting is in progress.
- No one shall shoot at any time if they show evidence of being under the influence of alcohol or other controlled substance.
- Members of the Gopher State Sportsman’s Club shall be responsible for the conduct of any non-member guests that they may bring on the range and a member shall be present with their guests at all times.
- Immediate family members are allowed as guests of a member, included are spouses, parents, and children under 18.
- Only one additional nonmember, nonfamily, guest, per member, per visit, is permitted for a single time.
- The gate shall be closed at all times except when meetings or organized activities are being conducted.
- Club gate and clubhouse keys, are not allowed to be loaned to nonmembers for unsupervised club use.
- Professional organization keys/access are limited to professional use only, use of the key/access for individual personal use is not permitted.
- No ground Targets closer than 50 yards on the rifle and pistol ranges except in the pit for shooting steel targets.